Tuesday, October 10, 2006
i have to redesign the whole american flyer in Microsoft WORD
! omg can die. James is, err, james? class was finished in 45 mins!:) hahainteractive psychology
Kenneth Phun is my lecturer. he seems ok. understandable. not boring. but hey, its the first class today!:) so for our homework today, (yea! first day and we already have homework!) he asked us to do the Rogers Indicator of Multiple Intelligences
. This is a test where it reveals what kind of intelligence that i am more inclined towards. From the theory of multiple intelligences, it says that everyone is intelligent in their own way, only in different areas such as:
- Linguistic Learner: learns best by: saying, hearing and seeing words.
- Logical/Mathematical Learner: learns best by: categorizing, classifying.
- Spatial Learner: learns best by: visualizing, dreaming, using the mind's eye.
- Musical Learner: learns best by: rhythm, melody and music.
- Bodily/Kinesthetic Learner: learns best by: touching, moving, interacting with space
- Naturalistic Learner: learns best by: studying natural phenomenon.
- Interpersonal Learner: learns best by: sharing, comparing, relating, interviewing.
- Intrapersonal Learner: learns best by: working alone, on individualized projects.
So, i did it la! counted my results and i got highest for Intrapersonal
highest means Level 1 from this chart...
so anyway, i googled the explainations,and found out that it was somewhat like how i am now!hehe.
here's my results (explainations taken from here
) (numbers in brackets are levels-see above)
- Intrapersonal (1).
Intrapersonal learners are aware of their own strengths, weaknesses, and feelings. They are aware of self, being a creative and independent, and reflective thinker. They usually possess independence, self-confidence, determination, and high motivation. They may respond with strong opinions when controversial topics are discussed. They learn best by engaging in independent study projects rather than working on group projects. Pacing their own instruction is important to them. Entrepreneurs, philosophers, and psychologists are a few professions where strong intrapersonal skills are a benefit.
Understand oneself; Engage in self-reflection & metacognition; Capacity to be self-aware and in tune with inner feelings, values, beliefs and thinking processes
* Having an understanding of yourself, of knowing who you are, what you can do, what you want to do, how you react to things, which things to avoid, and which things to gravitate toward
* We are drawn to people who have a good understanding of themselves because those people tend not to screw up. They tend to know what they can do, what they can’t do, and they tend to know where to go if they need help
* The knowing which comes from introspection, self-reflection, and raising questions about life’s meaning and purpose
At the heart of this intelligence are our human self-reflective abilities by which we can step outside of ourselves and think about our own lives. This is the introspective intelligence. It involves our uniquely human propensity to want to know the meaning, purpose , and significance life. It involves our awareness of the inner world of the self, emotions, values, beliefs, and our various quests for genuine spirituality.
If this intelligence is one of your strong points, you may like to work alone and sometimes you may shy away for others. You are probably self-reflective n self-aware, and thus you tend to be in tune with your inner feelings, values, beliefs, and thinking processes. You are frequently a bearer of creative wisdom and insight, you are highly intuitive, and you are inwardly motivated rather than needing external rewards to keep you going. You are often strong willed, self-confident, and have definite, well=though-out opinions on almost any issue. Other people will often come to you for advice and counsel.
Therapists, psychologists, human potential researchers, philosophers, religious leaders (pastors and priests), social workers, mediation guides, counselors, self-help advisors, cognitive pattern researchers, mental health professionals
BENEFITS of developing Self Smarts include:
* Clarity about your life and where you are headed
* Control of your destiny and the directions in which you want your life to move
* Improved self-confidence and self esteem
* A deeper understanding of your core values and how to make them the center of all you do
* Getting in touch with your "inner self" and learning how to trust it
Intrapersonal intelligence deals with the development and understanding of the self and using this knowledge to live well; it includes personal goals, feelings, anxieties and strengths and subsequently drawing from that awareness to guide personal behavior. These people often enjoy working alone, sometimes even shying away from others and off quietly by themselves. They are often strong willed, self-confident, and possess definite, well-thought-out opinions on various issues.
* Young children can be left on their own to play happily, and may be a bit shy or stubborn.
* Older children may keep journals or logs, express strong emotions and well developed opinions, and seem blithely unconcerned by other kids' notions of what's "in" and what's "out."
* Adults are self-reflective and self-aware, thus they often tend to be in tune with their inner feelings, beliefs, thinking processes, and values. They are frequent bearers of creative wisdom and insight, are highly intuitive, and are inwardly motivated rather than requiring external rewards to keep them going.
- Visual/Spatial (2)
- Verbal/Linguistic (2)
- Interpersonal (2)
- Musical/Rhythmic (2)
- Bodily/Kinesthetic (3)
- Logical/Mathematical (3)
btw, if you wanna do the test and find out what type of intelligence you possess, click here
! the online version.
i just read my notes, and people who has this intelligence are Sigmund Freud, Anne Frank and The Buddha!!! HAHAHAHA. omg.
the test today just strenghtened my erm, decision in doing a double major. cos in a few days time, i will be officially enrolled in UIU double majoring in Comm and Psych. :D super excited! i got my enrollment form and stuff. need to do the registering soon. i also have to complete 8 more UIU coded subjects and 2 internships in a year! (it seems that they are stopping the program in HUC. ugh!) like whoaaaa. you think i can do it? hmmm...i guess, there's still IGS/Segi college if i really can't finish both internships!:( i need to ask Christabel about this back up plan. how to finish 2 freaking internships, when i have to be in school from jan till august next year to finish my 8 subjects? madness right?
i'm surprised you read until here. usually karen's posts are like super short. haha. if u did read until here, comment!!!! hahaha. just wanna see who's reading my blog....blog-readers check. HAHA. i can always check my tracker...but its not fun that way!:) hehehhe.
i need to print notes and erm, try remember my timetable for tmr now!:)